The Starost invites you
Ladies and Gentlemen
Welcome to the official website of Piotrkowski District. I have the honour and pleasure of inviting you all to visit its numerous attractions. The Piotrkowski District is a unique place. The idea behind creating the online presentation of this region was to familiarize potential visitors with the possibilities it offers in the areas of recreation and business. Being situated in central Poland, at the intersection of the main thoroughfares, the Piotrkowski District is a perfect place to engage in investment undertakings. This fact has already been appreciated by investors such as IKEA, AUCHAN or AHOLD. By locating their logistic warehouses in the area, they have turned the region into one of the logistic centres of Europe. The Piotrkowski District is famous not only for its economic but also its tourist attractions. The dynamic development of agrotourism, the beautiful forests of the Sulejowski Landscape Park, the picturesque valley of the River Pilica together with the Sulejowski and Cieszanowice Reservoirs create perfect conditions for leisure activities and water sports. The landscape and beauty of the Piotrkowski District, its interesting past and numerous monuments, facilitate its development as a holiday resort. You are all kindly invited to familiarise yourselves with our internet bulletin. I hope that the information presented on our websites will make contacting the offices of the district authorities easier, will explain how they function, and will provide encouragement to visit the Piotrkowski District.
The Starost of the Piotrkowski District
The Piotrkowski District (area 1428 km2) is situated in central Poland, in the south-eastern part of the Lodz Voivodeship, about 140 km from Warsaw. Very important international and regional roads run through the area of the district:
The planned motorways in Poland will run through the territory of the Piotrkow District. There are airports in Lodz (49 km from Piotrkow Trybunalski) and in Lask (46 km from Piotrkow) in close proximity to the district. The Piotrkowski District is inhabited by over 92 thousand citizens. The district consists of 11 communes (in Polish ‘gmina’): the town and commune of Sulejow and rural communes, including Aleksandrow, Czarnocin, Gorzkowice, Grabica, Leki Szlacheckie, Moszczenica, Reczno, Rozprza, Wola Krzysztoporska and Wolborz. The seat of the Piotrkowski District authorities is located in Piotrkow Trybunalski. The Pilica River runs through the territory of the district. Picturesque landscapes, the exceptional beauty of the forests in the Pilica river basin, and an artificial lake created on the Pilica river attract tourists and aquatics lovers. In 1998 a new water reservoir was formed on the Luciaza river – the Cieszanowice reservoir (on the territory of Gorzkowice, Leki Szlacheckie and Rozprza communes) It is the newest place for recreation and rest in the Piotrkowski District.
The district of Piotrkow is a typical agricultural county. Its location on the transport routes, well-developed network of roads, diversity of natural environment, large forest areas and an artificial lake on the Pilica river – the Sulejowski Reservoir - contribute significantly to the economy of the county. The nearness of the large urban areas of Lodz and Piotrkow Trybunalski is of great importance, too, as it has allowed some communes to develop service-rendering facilities for the recreational centres. In 1998 the Cieszanowicki Reservoir (communes of Gorzkowice, Leki Szlacheckie, Rozprza) was built. It provides many opportunities for the further development of the recreational and service facilities in the district.
The central location of the Piotrkowski District (poviat or county) on the junction of the main transportation routes as well as a varied natural environment determine the exceptional tourist attractiveness of the region. The county contains The Sulejowski Landscape Park and several nature reserves. The most attractive recreational areas are situated: - on the edge of the Sulejowski Reservoir - along the picturesque valley of the Pilica River - on the Cieszanowice Reservoir - on Czarna and the Luciaza rivers (these are rivers of exceptional water cleanliness, the proof of which are lodges built by beavers at the place where the Luciaza joins the Pilica below Sulejow.) Tourists and holiday-makers are welcome to the Sulejow-Polanka recreational centre situated on the Pilica, and holiday camps at Kurnedz, Biala and Wlodzimierzow. The Sulejowski Reservoir is ideal for those who do water sports such as windsurfing or sailing. The reservoir’s resort areas are provided with well-developed accommodation and catering facilities. In 1998 a new water reservoir – Cieszanowice - was given over to public use. It lies on the territory of communes of Rozprza, Leki Szlacheckie and Gorzkowice. It makes an excellent recreational site and provides possibilities to practise water sports. Horse-riding admirers will also find something for themselves – the Stud Farm of Boguslawice has been functioning in Wolborz for years. There is the Horse-Riding Club here which offers horse riding and antique horse carriage rides as well as organisation of outdoor recreational events. PTTK (Polish Tourist and Sight-seeing Association) in Piotrkow Trybunalski invites to you to go canoeing, on rambles and other organised recreational activities on the territory of the county.
Hiking lovers can choose from interesting hiking trails running across the poviat’s area. They make it possible to learn about history, see monuments of the past, unique nature and become familiar with the contemporary picture of the region: - the Blue trail (PT 150 n – 121 km) running from Piotrkow across Barkowice, Bronislawow, Smardzewice, Sulejow, Szarbsko, Przedborz to Krzetow (it has been rated among the most beautiful marked trails of lowland Poland) - the Red trail (PT 22c –201 km) originating in Radomsko, running through Przedborz, Bakowa Gora, Majkowice, Trzy Morgi, Sulejow, Piotrkow, Meszcze, Polichno, Golesze, Tomaszow Mazowiecki, Spala, Inowlodz, Anielin, Poswietne - the Green trail (PT 1570 z – 22 km) Piotrkow Trybunalski – Uszczyn – Kolo – Polichno – Proszenie – Michalow – Jarosty - the Black trail (PT 1571 s – 5 km) Moszczenica – Gazomia - the Black trail (PT 1573 s – 5 km) Polichno - Meszcze
The traditions of today’s poviat (county) of Piotrkow date back to the 9th and 10th centuries when due to the development of settlement, two big administrative units called ‘opola’ emerged in this area. The centre of one of them was Wolborz, the other one’s centre was Rozprza. With time, i.e. in the 11th century, the ‘opola’ transformed into ‘castellanies’ which fulfilled the function of state administrative districts. Piotrkow appeared on the border of the castellany of Rozprza and the castellany of Wolborz in the 12th century. At first, it served as a regional trade centre, subsequently also as the site of the duke’s court and the meeting place of knighthood. Its importance as an economic and administrative centre grew gradually, mainly due to a convenient location on the borderline between Wielkopolska (the Great Poland region) and Malopolska (the Little Poland region), as it was the place where all important roads and trade routes met. With time, Piotrkow took over Wolborz and Rozprza’s administrative and judicial functions. As the system of castellanies became outdated, an administrative division into poviats (counties) was introduced in the late 14th century. Piotrkow became the capital of the poviat which included former castellanies of Wolborz and Rozprza. The Poviat of Piotrkow, first chronicled in 1418, extended to Czarnocin in the north, and to Tuszyn and Rzgow in the west. It also included the territory of the present poviat of Belchatow without Szczercow. That shape of the county survived until the 3rd partition of Poland. As a result of wars, at the turn of the 18th century the poviat of Piotrkow had changed its boundaries and national status several times. In 1816 former voivodeships (provinces) were restored and previous poviats, including the poviat of Piotrkow, were reintroduced. With minor modifications it survived over the whole 19th century and a major part of the 20th century. In 1955 a poviat of Belchatow was formed out of the western area of the poviat of Piotrkow. As a result of the new administrative division the poviat of Piotrkow ceased to exist. On January 1, 1999 poviats (counties), the poviat of Piotrkow amongst them, were brought back to existence, which revived the districts’s centuries old traditions.
Town and Commune of Sulejow
Sulejow is an agricultural and tourist commune occupying an area of 19,800 ha and with a population of approximately 15,000. Farmland covers 9,500 ha (48% of the area) and is predominantly owned by individual farmers. Forests cover 35 % of the area and, combined with water reservoirs, constitute an essential advantage in the process of tourism and recreation development. The City of Sulejow is situated 14 km south-east of Piotrkow Trybunalski. It is the junction of the public roads: No. 12 Lask-Radom, No. 74 Sulejow-Kielce and No. 742 Piotrkow Trybunalski- Wloszczowa. The first mention of Sulejow dates back to the late 12th century when king Casimir the Just founded the Cistercian Abbey which received the surrounding villages and towns, including Sulejow. Sulejow obtained town rights before 1296. The town gave its name to the artificial lake constructed on the Pilica River in the years 1968-1973.
The attractive location of Sulejow makes it a recreational centre for the inhabitants of central Poland. Comfortable accommodation is offered by the hotel located in the buildings of the former Cistercian Abbey and the guest houses in Sulejow, Wlodzimierzow, Kurnedz, Biala and Winduga. Attractive leisure facilities are also available in Przyglow, Barkowice and Barkowice Mokre. The town and commune of Sulejow seeks investors mainly in the field of tourism and recreation.
Commune of Aleksandrow
The commune is located in the south-east part of the poviat (county) of Piotrkow. It has an area of 144 square km and a population of over 5,000. There are two rivers flowing across the area of the commune: the Pilica and the Czarna. The commune contains good road connections (the Piotrkow-Radom public road no. 44 and the Piotrkow-Kielce public road no. 74). Agricultural production (cereal production, pig and cattle raising) and lumber production are predominant here. Forest areas of the commune are part of the Sulejowski Landscape Park. With a favourable location in the basin of the Pilica and the Czarna, forest areas and climate are conducive to the development of tourism. The places of interest are a historic church and a restored castle in Skotniki. The commune's authorities are in possession of grounds suitable for developing a summer resort. The main directions of the commune development shall be connected with the opportunities to develop tourist and recreational facilities, agrotourism and the food processing industry. The commune is in possession of plots of land by the Pilica for summer resort development.
Commune of Czarnocin
The commune is the most northward area of the poviat of Piotrkow. It covers an area of 73 square km. The population amounts to 4,500. Czarnocin is an agricultural commune with farmland occupying 80% of the area. The majority of the arable land is owned by individual farmers. Most of the farms have an area of 5-10ha. A well-developed technical infrastructure is one of the commune’s most important advantages. The commune has very convenient rail connections. All households are connected to the water-supply system. A communal sewage treatment plant has been functioning since 1992. In 1997 one of the most modern landfills was built here. For this enterprise the commune was granted an award from the National Fund for Environment Protection and Water Conservation. At the moment a retention reservoir is being built in the valley of the Wolborka River. The grounds surrounding the reservoir will soon become a recreational and housing area. Along both banks of the Wolborka stretch attractive forest areas. The commune's authorities are in possession of properties suitable for service and manufacturing activities, as well as grounds designed for housing and summer resort development.
Commune of Gorzkowice
It is situated in the southern part of the county, 28 kilometres south of Piotrkow Trybunalski, 8 kilometres from the Warszawa-Katowice freeway. The Warsaw-Vienna rail line crosses the commune's territory. It has an area of 10,299 ha and is inhabited by almost 9,000 people. The commune contains a well-developed water-supply system. Connecting to a gas network is also possible. Agriculture activities consist mainly of cereal cultivation. The production enterprise "Gofabet" S.A. in Gorzkowice manufactures building materials. The main base of tourism and recreation is the Cieszanowice Reservoir, whose construction has been recently completed and it has been opened to the public. The existence of the reservoir provides for the development of the recreational character of the commune. The commune authorities are in possession of recreational plots of land with an area of 20 ha each, and areas designed for the development of food processing and services. The commune offers the sale of real estate properties in Cieszanowice and Sobakowko which are entered into the register of monuments.
Commune of Grabica
The commune is situated in the north-west part of the poviat, next to Piotrkow-Lask public road no. 44. The eastern part contains a fragment of the A1 motorway. It borders on the Warszawa-Katowice freeway. Across the territory of the commune flows the Grabia River and the rivers Brzezia, Mala Widawka and Wierzejka originate here. The commune occupies an area of 127 km2 and is inhabited by over 6,200 people. It is an agricultural district with a high production of pigs. Farmland covers 84 % of the commune area. The dominant crops are cereals (80%). There are 1205 individual farms with an average area of 8.9 ha. One should see the village parks in Szydlow, Dziwle, Rusociny, Ostrow, Wola Bykowska and the historic St. Adalbert Church in Krzepczow, the Dziwle Granary. The commune authorities are in possession of summer resort areas in the village of Niwy Jutroszewskie, about 6 km from Tuszyn, consisting of some 150 plots of land with an average area of 700 sq m each. They are available for purchase. The authorities also offerl an area with a pond for further recreational development. The commune authorities offer low taxes and tax allowances for newly-established economic units.
Commune of Leki Szlacheckie
The commune lies in the southern part of the poviat. It occupies an area of 10,841 ha. It has a population of approximately 4,100. It is an agricultural commune. The first mention of the settlement called Leki Szlacheckie date back to 1312 and they concern the delivery of battle horses for King Wladyslaw the Short. Leki Szlacheckie and surrounding villages were already known in the Middle Ages as a region of horse breeding, mainly for the army. Seventy percent of a newly built reservoir in Cieszanowice is contained in the territory of the commune of Leki Szlacheckie. The major part of the reservoir's shores lie in the forest areas. A place of interest for tourists is also the fish ponds Dziepolc on the Luciaza River in Beczkowice. Beavers are found in the basin of the Luciaza. The commune borders on the east with the Sulejowski Landscape Park. Certainly worth seeing are a church in Beczkowice and a manor in Trzepnica. Natural conditions and tourist attractions are favourable to the development of tourism in the commune. The commune authorities are in possession of a plot of land with an area of over 2.12 ha designed for recreation purposes, as well as built-up properties suitable for developing commercial and service-rendering facilities.
Commune of Moszczenica
The commune is situated in the northern part of the poviat, 10 km from Piotrkow Trybunalski, next to the A1 motorway, the Gdansk-Cieszyn road no. 1, the Warszawa-Wroclaw road no. 8 and the Warsaw-Vienna rail line. It occupies an area of 110.5 km2 with a population of some 13,000. Moszczenica was first chronicled in 1392. Probably in the 13th century there was already a settlement of noblemen, Moszczenica, situated on the river Moszczanka. An important date in the settlement's history is the change of the location act. In 1499 King Jan Olbracht permitted the village to be established under the German law. Nineteen ninety-nine saw the 500th anniversary of locating Moszczenica. The commune contains its own water intake and water treatment plant. Agriculture is devoted mainly to pigs and cereal production. The textile and steel industries are the commune's traditional industrial branches. Good transport access and location in the centre of the country provide excellent conditions for potential investors. Thanks to these assets and the commune authorities favourable approach, the Swedish company IKEA decided to build their warehouses supplying the Central and Eastern Europe here.
Commune of Reczno
It lies in the southern part of the poviat of Piotrkow, in the Pilica's drainage area. It comprises forest areas being the remnant of the The Pilicka Primeval Forest with well-preserved flora. The attractiveness of this area is determined by a picturesque and varied landscape, a number of viewing spots, favourable bioclimatic conditions owing to the abundance of forests, as well as varied fauna and flora (the forest reserve Wielopole at the foot of the sand hill Czartoria and the floristic reserve Jawora in Bakowa Gora). The commune has an area of 89 square kilometres and a population of some 4,100. It is an agricultural district. In Bakowa Gora one should see the ruins of the castle from the turn of the 14th century and the Malachowscy Manor of the 18th century. Majkowice have retained the ruins of the castle of the 16th century. Taking advantage of tourist, landscape and natural attractions provides an opportunity for the development of the commune's recreational functions.
Commune of Rozprza
Situated on the Piotrkow-Czestochowa road, 1 kilometre from the Warsaw-Katowice freeway, on the Warsaw-Vienna rail line it covers an area of 16,250 ha. and has a population of some 12,200. It is an agricultural district whose agriculture is predominantly devoted to cereal cultivation and livestock (cattle and pigs) raising. The recreational attractiveness is determined by the Cieszanowice Reservoir, constructed on the Luciaza River, the Bogdanowka River and forest areas with numerous parks listed as monuments, located in Straszow, Mierzyn, Milejow and Niechcice. Forests occupy 26% of the Commune area. They are particularly beautiful in the vicinity of the Lubien village, full of blueberries and mushrooms. The Cieszanowicki Reservoir, completed in 1998, is a retention reservoir which can be utilised for recreation purposes. The authorities are in possession of built-up plots of land which are suitable for agriculture service purposes.
Commune of Wola Krzysztoporska
Situated in the western part of the poviat, at the fork of two important travel routes - the Gdansk-Cieszyn road no. 1 and the Warsaw-Wroclaw road no. 8, it occupies an area of 170 square km inhabited by some 12,000 people. The monuments of architecture which are worth attention are: the palace complex of Bujny, the Parzniewice Manor, the remnants of the manor dwellings in Jezow, as well as the park in Wola Krzysztoporska and the parish church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The authorities of the commune offer attractive areas adjacent to Piotrkow, lying within the motorway junction - the crossroads of the Warsaw-Katowice road no. 1 and the freeway no. 8 to Wroclaw. They are designed for developing production, service-rendering and trade facilities. Its central location in the vicinity of the motorway junction may prove favourable to the distribution of goods. Additional advantages are relatively low land prices as well as preferential treatment of newly established businesses offered by the authorities.
Commune of Wolborz
The commune is situated in the eastern part of the poviat with an area of 151 square kilometres and the population of over 8,000. Its boundaries comprise 11 kilometres of the Sulejowski Reservoir's shoreline and two rivers: the Wolborka and the Moszczanka. The Warsaw-Katowice public road no. 8 cuts through the commune area. Wolborz is one of the oldest settlements in Poland. The evidence of its rich history is the palace of the bishops of Kujawy erected in 1773 with a well-preserved garden, and the parish church of St. Nicolas of the 15th century at Wolborz. The commune contains the "Kielbikowa Strzecha" camping site adapted for caravans/trailers in Leonow by the Sulejowski Reservoir. Caravans can be connected to the electric supply. There is also a camping site with full technical infrastructure designed for tents. Well prepared agrotourist farms await tourists in Leonow, Wolborz, Boguslawice and Proszenie. The Stud Farm with the Horse-Riding Club and a guest house have been functioning for years in Boguslawice. Twenty seven percent of the area is covered with numerous nature reserves included in the Sulejowski Landscape Park. The authorities offer to investors attractively situated plots of land designed for tourist and service-rendering activities along the Sulejowski Reservoir, and plots suitable for production and service facilities, and warehouses at the Warsaw-Katowice route. The Commune authorities offer to sell a pension at the Sulejowski Reservoir.
|Contact Data||Address||Opening Hours||Website Admin|
|tel. +48 44 732 88 00 fax. +48 44 732 88 03||Starostwo Powiatowe in Piotrkow Tryb.||7:30am - 5:00pm||tel. +48 44 732 88 77|
|e-mail: email@example.com||7 Dabrowskiego St.||(monday - friday)||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|NIP (District): 771-23-05-343
NIP (Starosty): 771-23-83-969
|97-300 Piotrkow Tryb.|